CAI - IRS Networks Stage 1 Course
Our programme is designed for participants who have prior experience in the installation of simple TV reception equipment
(TV Aerial & Satellite ) an who with to update their knowledge of simple Integrated Reception Systems (IRS).
Instructor led - Available in the UK only
This programme is classroom based by PowerPoint and contains and mix of practical demonstrations with hands-on learning
Who should attend?
Designed for participants who have prior experience in the installation of simple TV reception equipment.
- The electromagnetic wave.
- The principles of digital signals and modulation techniques.
- Measurement parameters and frequency bands.
- Aerial design.
- The principles of Digital Terrestrial Television (DTT) reception.
- UHF multiplexes.
- Practical signal measurements.
- Digital bandwidths.
- Splitters and diplexers.
- Coaxial cable losses.
- The principles of satellite TV reception.
- Satellite locations and footprints.
- Frequency down conversion and source switching.
- Methods of signal distribution in the home.
- IRS concepts for new and existing buildings.
- Network design and signal level calculations for IRS.
- System hardware.
- Equipotential bonding and lightning protection.
- IRS system troubleshooting.
- TV flat-panel displays.
- An overview of fibre optics.
At the conclusion of this programme all participants will be able to conceive, plan, install and service a typical IRS for up to
100 locations to current best practice.
The assessment method for this programme is by means of practical assessment exercises and a multiple choice open book
assessment paper with a pass mark of 65%.
Contact Broadband Training for more information and pricing or to book a course.